Saturday 19 July 2014

HH Amplifier Cake




Hey, 

So I did this cake a while ago now and it was my first attempt at a cake like this. Well, when I mean like this I mean in that design and as in actually going that far in decorating. Rather than just throwing on a bit of icing and words as usual. And I am happy to say and quite proud, that I think it came out and looks wonderful! 

The cake is supposed to be in the design of a HH Musicians Amplifier, which my other half of me always plays. Along with his guitars, he's a little obsessed ;) 
Had to copy it from the actual amp and photo's of it. Was all sketched out by hand first, then we worked around the edits of the photo's and drawings. 
(Below is what it is based on)




But he loved it ever so much and so did his family, took a while to make, though I had an extra hand, seeing it was his cake and he wanted to help me out (Probably just in case I didn't spell something right haha!) No, he helped and we had a blast, was so happy! Didn't want anyone to eat it. 

The cake was a double  layer one, with Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge frosting in the middle, the top part where the mesh section would be where the speakers are, is done also with Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Frosting. The lettering done by writing icing, and knobs are done with Fondant icing, then sprayed edible silver.

Took a more than a few hours to make and decorate all together but it was worth it. Really enjoyed both the baking side and the decorating side and hope to do that design again soon. If you ever do wish for an HH cake or any other type of amplifier cake such as Marshall etc. Just let me know and will be happy to do it :) 

(PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CAKE HAS BEEN DESIGNED BY HAND, AND MOST CAKES WILL BE. UNLESS I HAVE AN ACTUAL DESIGN AT HAND. OTHERWISE ALL WILL BE DRAWN FREE HAND. THANK YOU!)

Made: 24th - 25th November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment