Saturday 19 July 2014

55th Wedding Anniversary Cake



Hi everyone, long time no see, or speak should I say? 
I have quite a few cakes to put on here, which should of been on here sooner, but I have recently got a new job, in hopes to save for my cake business and driving lessons haha, but all is going well. So I am a tad busy, but don't let that put you of ever ordering a cake if you need one, I will still be able to make it for you! 

The Cake

Now, this cake was very special to make, and I loved every minute of baking and decorating it, I love making all of them. But this was very special. 
It was made for my Nanan and Granddad's 55th Wedding anniversary, and I loved every minute of making it. 

I know the pattern of the flowers around the cake don't flow well as the packet I bought ended up to have a dud white one, but I'll get it right next time. My Nan has Alzheimer's which is very upsetting and sad though the cake cheered my granddad up who  was very touched by it, which was lovely in a way. 




My nan doesn't eat much anymore, but she does like to eat homemade Victoria sponge cakes, which is good so I make them for her so she has something to eat (Though granddad does like to have his share!) 

The cake is 12" and double layered with smooth strawberry jam in the middle and homemade butter cream icing in the middle. There's fondant icing on the top and the "55th" is also fondant, which was if I'm honest, the numbers we're printed out and I placed them onto some fondant and cut round the paper with a sharp knife. I'm quite proud on how they turned out. 

I then sprayed them with edible silver shimmer spray to give it a shiny touch. The cake board has icing rolled out on top and there is a emerald green ribbon around the base of the cake and a pale blue ribbon around the cake board to give it a nice colourful band and to add a bit of colour to the cake. 



The writing is done using writing icing and I admit it isn't that great, but they we're happy with it.  

Hope you like it, any questions or feedback on it if you can give me any would be great! :) 

- Emma x

2 comments:

  1. I love this cake and its creativity!! I believe this is best cake to order for any vow renewal party. I would love to order this cake for my next wedding anniversary party? Please send me your contact number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      I'm happy that you like this cake! :)

      Please send me an email on sprinklesandgiggles@gmail.com and I shall see if I can help you :)

      Regards,

      Sprinkle, Sparkle and Magic
      x

      Delete