Saturday 19 July 2014

Greyhound Records - Record Company Launch


Hey there!

So I haven't updated this in a while, but I need to do like three posts on three different cakes and then after I need to do another post haha. So, I best get started!

This is a cake I designed, made and decorated for a launch event for a new record label called Greyhound Records (You can search for them on Facebook in you're interested, there under Business I think, not the band one)

It took quite some time to do this even though it doesn't look like it, as things kept getting changed all the time as soon as I had sorted things out. But it all got sorted out in the end. 

I baked three different flavours of 12" cakes, on the left was Captain Morgan's Rum, the middle was plain and then the right side was Malibu Rum. As I said I baked three different  12" cakes, then cut them all up into thirds each. There was spare cake but only a little. I then stuck all the pieces together and then put fresh cream and strawberry jam in the middle. 

I bought some pre-made black fondant icing, though I bought two blocks of it and ended up having to nip to the store on the day the cake had to be finished and grab another block of icing as I didn't have enough! Needed an extra pair of hands to help me lift and carefully place over the cake, thank you to Mr. Burrows. Who is in the photo holding the cake for me. 



The writing on the cake went well, and I did it ever so straight which I was surprised at, since I thought it would go slanted but it didn't! And the dog! Oh my god, that took some re-thinking and time but had to use a smaller icing tube as the one i used for the writing wouldn't of done it, as it was too big. Was really stressful doing the writing and dog part through, Jesus haha. 

Was okay in the end though. I can't remember how many it served to be fair, which I should of done but I know the slices we're small. I would guess it served about 45 people, So I didn't think that was bad. Still had a small bit left, but most of it went down well! Really glad! and even got an order from it :D 

All in all I really enjoyed it and the Launch event went down smashing! They even had pizza for £3.50 a full one too! Was very yummy! ;) I loved the look of it in the end, just plain and simple yet professional in a way. Hope you liked having a look, more cakes to come soon! 

- Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment