Saturday 19 July 2014

Apply Mac Cake




Hi there guys,

Sorry it's been a while, I meant to update sooner but totally forgot. You see I've recently got a job which is everyday apart from the weekend, so I will have to find more time to post, but I'm still doing the cakes and decorating. It's just a bit silent at the moment in my world of cakes, but hope everyone is good.

I made this cake on the 22/03/13 and decorated it the next day in time for my dad's birthday. He loves all things apple mac, and I thought it would be a great idea and a surprise! And lo and behold he loved it! He's now told everyone at work, which now means I have to make one for next Monday haha.

I know the apple logo is actually silver or white but I thought it would be a good idea and a change to make it green. On the picture it does look sparkly and that is because I sprayed it with a silver edible spray and quite liked the outcome of it. 

It's a homemade chocolate cake with homemade chocolate fondant in the middle and around the top as well so the fondant icing would stick. I got Sainsbury's brand fondant icing. As I feel it's better and I can also work with it better as it's not too tough and I can roll it out easier. I then dyed the icing with Silver Spoon colour creator green. This is an amazing product and so glad that I had found it. 




(Granted the cake does look messy, but I'd only just cut it!) 


The colours are bright and there's loads to use. It lasts for ages! I would definitely recommend them. I did the outline by printing off an apple mac logo off the Internet and lightly placed it over the cake, then cut out the shape carefully with a sharp knife. Then did the same on the top. The cake was made out of a 12" base, but only because of the size of the cake needed to be bigger than a normal round 6" tin.

Added the fondant, sprayed with silver and hey presto! 
Hope you liked looking at it haha, it sure tasted nice! 

- Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment