Monday 8 December 2014

Adventure Time - Jake the Dog Birthday Cake


Hey everyone!

So so so sorry I haven't been posting in what seems like forever, I have been busy with work experience, college (Which I will tell you about soon!) and Volunteering at the Library recently. But I will inform you all that I have been doing LOADS of baking of cakes, cookies and puddings! Even bread :) So I will post all of these things up as soon as possible. 

The above picture is the birthday cake that I made for my brother last year for his 17th Birthday. If you can guess who it is, well done! :D If you don't know who it is, it's Jake the dog from a TV show called Adventure Time :) 



So this is Jake the Dog, which is the character who the cake is based upon. 

I really loved making this cake and Jake, I know that the modelling isn't the greatest but it was my first attempt at it and I was well chuffed, and still am looking back in it. Probably not so much now though haha But I really did enjoy making him. 



The cake was lemon, and it was decorated using fondant icing including Jake, which looking back again he probably should of been made out of sugar paste, but oh well! The stars we're made with fondant too and cut out using a star cutter :) 

I love Adventure Time so much :D 

- Em xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment