Monday 8 December 2014

Going beyond the traditional Battenberg...


This was my first attempt at making Battenberg and I loved it! I've always been a big fan of this sweet cake since I was a little girl, when my Granddad and Nanan used to buy me it as a treat instead of sweets sometimes and I loved it. Or for an afternoon snack with juice when we would all sit together and watch You've Been Framed or Strictly. 


So I decided it was time to make my own and it worked! Probably not the best square shape, but it's homemade and not batch produced by Kipling so what do you expect? ;) 


I made three batches, one for my family, one for Nan and Granddad and one for Sam and his dad. I also decided to rock things up a bit and made a Green and Yellow one, straying away from the traditional pink!

- Em xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment