Tuesday 7 April 2015

Mother's Day Cake

Ahh! Hey everyone! 


How are we all doing this evening, morning, afternoon, wherever you are in this big wide world! 

I for one am feeling great, this blog is finally starting to pick itself up (by itself, I mean me...of course...or am I?) 

Anyway, all pages are getting updated, and most of them are all up to date, though sadly apart from this one. BUT! We've nearly got you all covered, seeing as we have a few final posts to go then everything will be all in sync!

We currently have some Banoffee cupcakes in the oven, but we will post them at a later date...hopefully tonight or tomorrow. It has only just occrred to me that I should of probably been putting the dates on these posts to when they actually took place, but I haven't. Sorry guys, may do it at some point! 

So the above photo is the second, yes I did just say second, Mother's Day cake. The first was a dummy and it was made for my college course, but this! Oh no, this beauty was a fruit cake and decorated too! 


It's pretty much the same as the one I made for college, except it has pink roses instead of really pale pink roses, it's mint green instead of pale baby blue and it has some different flowers around the outside and different embossing on the cake board.

So basically, the design is the same, the colours are a tad different, only a tad though! 

I loved making this cake and my Mum and Auntie enjoyed it too, sadly my Nan didn't but she was with us in spirit I'm sure! 

I made the lovely roses, but I know they need working on..I'm sorting that out don't worry, still learning in some ways but aren't we all! I was aiming this page to be a website but it's kind of turned into a blog (which it is I suppose, I know!) But I do prefer it as a blog, so hey ho!


I embossed little flowers around the top of the cake, made thin little pink daisies to go around the outside of the cake too! I then piped 'Happy Mother's Day' in graduated line work on top in white then pink. To top it all off, I pipped a snail trail around the base of the cake in pink and embossed the cake board.  

Ta-Da! All piping was done with Royal Icing :) 

Speak soon and much love, 

Sprinkle, Sparkle & Magic 

No comments:

Post a Comment