Friday 10 April 2015

Easter Specials!

Hey everyone! 

How are we all? 

I know the title may put you off a little, Easter posts, on the 10th? I know I know, it's my fault and I need to update more often, I'm not doing bad though! 

I've been a bit busy, what with making a dozen 80th Cupcakes then an 80th Birthday cake and testing some new cupcake recipes out, it's all been a bit hectic. So I'm trying to post ASAP. But! You will be happy to know that after this post we will be (soon) up to date, we are more up to date now with the posts than we we're a bit ago, let's just say that! 


Eee! Just look at those cute little pink and green Easter Eggs inside those cookies!

These are "slice" sugar cookies, there is a word for it but I can't remember it! Basically, it's a Vanilla Sugar cookie recipe, and then halved into colours of your choice and the design you wish to use. The recipe is  by a wonderful woman called Ruth Clemens A.K.A The Pink Whisk, go check out the recipe here ---> The Pink Whisk - Sugar Cookies

Such a great recipe, Ruth truly does have some great recipes and I have used quite a few of hers in the past, go and take a look! She's a bloody star!

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while but didn't really know how too, so I thought I would give it a search and found so many things to do with it on Instagram, such a wonderful place for any kind  of inspiration! 

So I found this incredible woman who makes cookies that just blew me away! I first saw Eugenie Kitchen on Youtube whilst scrolling through different youtubers pages and I was just fascinated by what she has baked! There are tutorials as well which she has kindly filmed and they helped me to create these wonderful Easter Egg themed sugar cookies. 

Valentine's Day Rainbow Heart Cookies - Eugenie Kitchen
Copyright of Eugenie Kitchen

It is based on the Heart cookies above, but I decided to do mine a little different and go for an Easter Egg seeing as it was Easter! I sadly forgot to get the sprinkles though, I will have to remember them next time! 


So here is what the dough looked like before the finished cookies (Top pic!) I Just love the way they look, cute isn't even close! So there you have it, Vanilla sugar cookies with a lovely Easter twist pattern inside. Big thanks to the super ladies and their blogs, make sure you go and check them out!! 


We also made a big batch of triple chocolate brownies! Which was white, dark and milk chocolate, then filled with milk chocolate chunks! As requested by Mr. B! Do love making brownies, do you like making brownies? Have any new recipes you wish to share? Let me know and I'll give them a go! 

Much love, hope you all had a lovely Easter! (Bit late I know! Haha) 



Ooh! Check that out! Brand new signature, we're moving up ladies and gentlemen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment