Tuesday 9 June 2015

Three Tiered Victoria Monster Cake


Evening everyone!

How are we all doing? 

Bit of an old cake I'm afraid, by old I just mean that I forgot to post it!

The cake is just like the Chocolate Monster Cake which you can see here! But it's Victoria Sponge..Go on, click the link, you know you want too ;)

But it's Victoria Sponge!


Don't look! There's a baby picture of me in the background! *Covers screen with hand* Anyway, I'll crack on with it shall I? 

The above cake, was again three tiers, with vanilla buttercream and strawberry jam sandwiching the sponges together. Crumb coated then covered in smooth Vanilla buttercream. 

Green, white and lilac meringue kisses we're made and placed on top and around the base of the cake (I thought this added more 'WOW' factor to it, don't you think?"
Milk, dark and white chocolate shards, covered in pretty pearlescent sugar balls and then sprayed with silver shimmer spray. I have christened this chocolate bark, Galaxy Bark!
The cake then had the chosen sweets (By my granddad for my granddad) Which we're the classic, Bassett All-sorts! 


I LOVE making these Katherine Sabbath inspired cakes! They're just so fun to make and you can never go over the top or do too little, they always look elegant and crazy which is just amazing and so fun! They're so creative! Give it a go yourself and go mad!


We also made some cupcakes for the special occasion! Fluffy Vanilla sponge, smooth Vanilla buttercream, complete with Silver and Gold shimmer '80' toppers!


I enjoy making these cakes so much and I enjoy working with buttercream even more, it makes such a great finish and they just look beautiful!

If YOU wish to make this cake, stay tuned and the recipe will be up soon! 

Much love as always, 


No comments:

Post a Comment